Find a roofer in Bokeelia, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Bokeelia, Florida
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Bokeelia, Florida, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.