Find a roofer in Beverly Hills, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Beverly Hills, FL
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Beverly Hills, FL. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Beverly Hills, FL. Find the right contractor for your house now.