Find a roofer in Baker, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Baker, Florida. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Baker, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Baker, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.