Find a roofer in Alachua, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Alachua, Florida. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
When is a roof inspection needed?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Alachua, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Alachua, Florida. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.