Find a roofer in your areaDistrict Of Columbia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your areaDC. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers normally charge for labor for roof replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the cost for repairing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Your AreaDistrict Of Columbia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in your areaDC. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in your areaDC. Find the right contractor for your home today.