Find a roofer in Woodbridge, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Woodbridge, CT. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Woodbridge, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Woodbridge
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Woodbridge, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Woodbridge, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.