Find a roofer in Westport, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westport, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Westport
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the best season to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Westport, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Westport, CT. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.