Find a roofer in Weston, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Weston, Connecticut. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Weston, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Weston
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Weston, Connecticut
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Weston, Connecticut. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.