Find a roofer in Westbrook, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // Westbrook
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the correct time to book a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofing specialists normally price their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget for roof maintenance?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services performed?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Westbrook, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Westbrook, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.