Find a roofer in West Haven, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which time of the year should I schedule roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in West Haven, Connecticut. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the correct time to book a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in West Haven, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in West Haven, Connecticut. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.