Find a roofer in Wauregan, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Wauregan, CT. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wauregan, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Wauregan
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Wauregan, CT
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Wauregan, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wauregan, CT. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.