Find a roofer in Watertown, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Watertown, Connecticut. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Watertown, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Watertown
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Watertown, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Watertown, Connecticut. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Watertown, Connecticut. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.