Find a roofer in Voluntown, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // Voluntown
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What time of year is good for roofing services?
No matter what season it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Voluntown, CT. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Voluntown, CT
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Voluntown, CT. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.