Find a roofer in Unionville, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Unionville, Connecticut. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Unionville, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Unionville
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Unionville, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Unionville, Connecticut. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Unionville, Connecticut. Find the right contractor for your home right away.