Find a roofer in Torrington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Torrington, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Torrington
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Torrington, CT. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Torrington, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Torrington, CT. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Torrington, CT. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.