Find a roofer in Thomaston, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Thomaston, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Thomaston
Roofing Maintenance Services near Thomaston, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Thomaston, CT. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.