Find a roofer in Stratford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Stratford, CT. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stratford, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Stratford
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Stratford, CT
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Stratford, CT, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Stratford, CT. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.