Find a roofer in Sterling, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sterling, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Sterling
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to repair a roof top?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Sterling, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Sterling, CT. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.