Find a roofer in Sterling, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // Sterling
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most appropriate time for roofing projects?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Sterling, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Sterling, Connecticut. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.