Find a roofer in South Windham, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Windham, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // South Windham
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofing contractors typically price their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof maintenance services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near South Windham, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in South Windham, Connecticut. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.