Find a roofer in South Lyme, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // South Lyme
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the appropriate occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers normally charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near South Lyme, Connecticut
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in South Lyme, Connecticut. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.