Find a roofer in South Lyme, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Lyme, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // South Lyme
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near South Lyme, Connecticut
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in South Lyme, Connecticut, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in South Lyme, Connecticut. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.