Find a roofer in South Kent, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // South Kent
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement project?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What season is good for a roof project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near South Kent, CT
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in South Kent, CT. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.