Find a roofer in Salisbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Salisbury, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Salisbury
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofing experts normally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Salisbury, Connecticut
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Salisbury, Connecticut. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.