Find a roofer in Prospect, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Prospect, CT. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Prospect, CT
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Prospect, CT. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.