Find a roofer in Oakville, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oakville, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Oakville
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Oakville, Connecticut
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Oakville, Connecticut, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.