Find a roofer in Oakdale, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Oakdale, Connecticut
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakdale, Connecticut. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.