Find a roofer in Norwich, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Norwich, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Norwich
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I book an appointment for my roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual duration to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Norwich, Connecticut. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Norwich, Connecticut
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Norwich, Connecticut. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Norwich, Connecticut. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.