Find a roofer in Norwalk, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Norwalk, Connecticut. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Norwalk, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Norwalk
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Norwalk, Connecticut
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Norwalk, Connecticut, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.