Find a roofer in North Haven, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Haven, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // North Haven
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing professional?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it take to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in North Haven, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in North Haven, Connecticut. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.