Find a roofer in North Branford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Branford, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // North Branford
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near North Branford, CT
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in North Branford, CT, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in North Branford, CT. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.