Find a roofer in Norfolk, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Norfolk, CT. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Norfolk, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Norfolk
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Norfolk, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Norfolk, CT. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.