Find a roofer in Newington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Newington, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Newington, Connecticut. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.