Find a roofer in New London, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New London, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // New London
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
At what cost does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in New London, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in New London, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in New London, CT. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.