Find a roofer in New Britain, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // New Britain
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which season should I book roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near New Britain, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in New Britain, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in New Britain, CT. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.