Find a roofer in Naugatuck, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Naugatuck, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Naugatuck
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Naugatuck, CT. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Naugatuck, CT
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Naugatuck, CT. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.