Find a roofer in Monroe, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Monroe, Connecticut. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Monroe, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Monroe, Connecticut. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.