Find a roofer in Mansfield Center, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Mansfield Center, Connecticut. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Mansfield Center, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Mansfield Center
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Mansfield Center, Connecticut
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Mansfield Center, Connecticut, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.