Find a roofer in Jewett City, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Jewett City, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Jewett City
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Jewett City, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Jewett City, Connecticut. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Jewett City, Connecticut. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.