Find a roofer in Hebron, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hebron, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Hebron
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hebron, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Hebron, CT. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.