Find a roofer in Hartford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Hartford, CT. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hartford, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Hartford
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hartford, CT
When you need roofing maintenance services in Hartford, CT, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.