Find a roofer in Greenwich, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Greenwich, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Greenwich
Roofing Maintenance Services near Greenwich, CT
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Greenwich, CT. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.