Find a roofer in Glastonbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // Glastonbury
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to get a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Glastonbury, Connecticut. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Glastonbury, Connecticut
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Glastonbury, Connecticut. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.