Find a roofer in Ellington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Connecticut // Ellington
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the best time for roofing work?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Ellington, Connecticut
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Ellington, Connecticut, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.