Find a roofer in East Windsor, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in East Windsor, CT. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Windsor, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // East Windsor
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near East Windsor, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in East Windsor, CT. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in East Windsor, CT. Find the right contractor for your home now.