Find a roofer in East Lyme, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Lyme, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // East Lyme
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What costs are affiliated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services near East Lyme, CT
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in East Lyme, CT, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in East Lyme, CT. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.