Find a roofer in East Haven, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in East Haven, CT. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Haven, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // East Haven
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near East Haven, CT
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in East Haven, CT. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in East Haven, CT. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.