Find a roofer in Cos Cob, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Cos Cob, CT. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cos Cob, CT
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Cos Cob, CT. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Cos Cob, CT. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.