Find a roofer in Canton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Canton, ConnecticutRoofing // Connecticut // Canton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal rate charged by roofing experts for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected cost to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the usual pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Canton, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Canton, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.