Find a roofer in Canton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Canton, ConnecticutHome // Connecticut // Canton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Canton, CT
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Canton, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.